Raehills Estate - Lockerbie
Cowans Sporting in partnership with Lord and Lady Johnstone invite you to enjoy historic Raehills, one of Scotland’s finest Shooting and Sporting estates.
Quality Driven Pheasants and Partridges are shown from a diverse range of terrain stretching across 8000 acres of stunning topography.
Birds are shown from mature woodlands, high ground cover crops and open moors with guns standing in deep bottomed gullies, challenging the best of shots.
Marvel at drives such as Fairy Holm – twisting and curling birds flying at great speed and height. Broadshores – Now you see them now you don't, a real challenging drive that suits those quick of the mark. Laird's Pool – descend into the depths of a stunning valley and watch and wait for the show to begin - one for the memory books.
With over 20 drives in place and more planned for next season Raehills offers the gun magnificent sport and unrivalled hospitality.
Quality is our motto, and with birds bred and supplied locally from our own game farm, only the best will do.
- Bag averages vary from 200 to 400 birds per day shot singularly or back to back with no drives repeated.
- With over 22 drives in place, guns are assured thrilling and testing sport.
- Raehills bird prices are £39.00 + vat per bird.
Partridge shooting is offered from the 1st September until mid December. Bag sizes for September and October shooting are from 200 to 400 birds plus per day, tailing off to 150 to 200 around November into December.
Pheasant shooting is offered from the 1st November until late January. Bag sizes for November and December shooting are from 200 to 400 birds plus per day, tailing off to 250-300 maximum late January.
Raehills Stately Home
Over the course of the shooting season Raehills is available for let on a limited number of occasions. To enjoy the house experience, guns wishing to stay are advised to book early.
International Guns: Overseas visitors are expertly catered for, we can arrange:
- Visitors Shotgun and Rifle Permits
- Cartridges and Ammunition
- 4x4 Hire ( if required )
- Airport collections
For non-shooting guests:
- Shopping trips, Theatre, Local places of interest, Golf, Fishing etc.
Raehills Location in Dumfries & Galloway
- From the North, exit Junction 15 Moffat on the A74M motorway. Travel 6 miles south on A701. Go through the traffic lights at St Ann’s bridge, turning immediately right as you leave the bridge, passing through the white entrance gates at the lodge.
- From the South, exit Junction 16 Johnstonebridge on the A74M motorway. Follow signs to Johnstonebridge, then to St Anns, a distance of about 4 miles on small country roads. Turn left at the traffic lights at St Anns bridge, then turning immediately right as you leave the bridge, passing through the white entrance gates at the lodge.